Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their will or estate. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three, simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name St. Louis College of Pharmacy as a beneficiary:
1. Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
2. Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
3. Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
Learn MoreDownload our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.
Gifts That Pay
Your payments depend on your age at the time of the donation. If you are younger than 60, we recommend that you learn more about your options and download this .
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they have been able to give their children and the College over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left the College a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because the College is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes-leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
- Contact Kathy Gardner at 314.446.8389 or Kathy.Gardner@stlcop.edu for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support the College with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name the College in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: St. Louis College of Pharmacy
Address: 4588 Parkview Place St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Federal Tax ID Number: 43-0652675